Wort Chiller - 10 Plate Stainless Steel
Among all types of wort chillers, plate chillers achieve the fastest and most efficient heat transfer, and for the brewer that means that you will chill your wort significantly faster than any other design. In addition to producing the fastest wort chilling, plate chillers use significantly less water than immersion chillers, which is especially good for brewers on a septic system.
This economical and compact and plate chiller is similar in design to the Blichmann Therminator wort chiller. This chiller is constructed with 10 plates of 304 stainless steel, and the plates are held together with a brazing process that applies pure copper in an oxygen-free furnace, which ensures high reliability, strength and corrosion-free long life.
The chiller features built-in female garden hose fittings for the cold water supply and male garden hose threads for the hot waste water. The chiller has ½” barbed fittings for both the wort-in and the wort-out locations.
- 10 plate 304 stainless steel construction
- Chills 10 gallons of wort in approximately 13 minutes
- Built-in garden threads for the water supply
- 1/2" barbed connections for the wort supply (Use with 3/8" ID high temp silicone tubing)
- Maximum operating temperature: 430 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you are using your plate chiller for the first time, then you may need the additional parts listed below: